Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love

(No getting mad for not updating, young scientist is taking it out of me)

What is Love? I'm not talking about the fairytale, where you have two people with an instantanious connection, where they fall for each other immediately, and there's a huge problem, but with quick thinking the prince saves the day, and they ride off into the sunset, happy as Larry.

I'm talking about the quivery feeling in your stomach, the feeling like just another day away from them will kill you, like there's nothing else that anyone can do. What if...what if you feel that way. And then it gets ripped away, and you're left seeing that person everyday - every hour in some cases.

I'm asking a philisophical question today, because I was listening to my copy of All We Know Is Falling by Paramore. As I usually do, I read the thank you notes that the band left. But I was struck by the thank you for Neil (from Hayley), and Nichole W. (from Josh).

It's been revealed that Hayley and Josh went out for three years, before they broke up. But I didn't realise just HOW MUCH they loved each other. The thank you to Neil (Josh's middle name, doncha know) reads "Neil - You inspire me and I love you, my prince". Then, Josh's thank you to Nichole W, (Hayley's middle name and last initial) reads "Nichole W. - experiencing this with you is the greatestgift. Thank you for being who you are. I love you. ("silence")".
This is so sweet, it's something that proves that they're in love, more than anything else, right?

But yet, I don't believe that, for some reason. The main reason is the lyrics from their latest album, off the song 'The Only Exception'. In the band, Hayley is the lyricist, while Josh writes a lot of the music. In it, Hayley sings 'That was the day that I promised/I'd never sing of love/If it does not exist/But darlin'/You are the only exception'

This song is about her current boyfriend, Chad Gilbert, of New Found Glory, about how she wasn't in love till she found her.

So then, what was it that made her feel that she was so in love with Josh? Youthful inexperience - she was only sixteen, after all. Or was it more? Was it the rush of first love, that initial fire you get?

This post may seem shallow, but I'm trying to battle a lot of feelings today, so I've got some stuff on my mind. Either way, it's something to think about. What does love mean, really?

No comments: